One Auckland burger joint is putting its rubbish where your mouth is this Earth Day. As a way of highlighting the need for fast-food joints to ditch the trash, Better Burger wants you to eat your rubbish.
This isn’t as much of an ask as you might think – the burger wrappers will be edible on Earth Day and a bit of extra yum to go with an already tasty burger.
Why? To start the conversation about sustainable practice in the fast food industry.
It’s a global hot topic with other fast food chains (ahem, the golden arches) vowing to go recyclable by 2025. Better Burger has always been one step ahead of the curve with 100 percent compostable packaging meaning your trash breaks down in a matter of weeks. This year, Earth Day is focusing on ending plastic pollution (we’ve all seen those nasty vids on Facebook).
The Kiwi owned and operated company is inviting Aucklanders to exercise their conscience with a guiltfree bite this Earth Day and roll down to Better Burger Mt Eden to see what all the fuss is about.
Punters up for the challenge will score free fries with their Earth Day purchase.
WHAT: Eat your wrapper for Earth Day (and score free fries!)
WHEN: Sunday 22 April
WHERE: Better Burger – Mt Eden
412 Mount Eden Rd, Mount Eden, Auckland 1024
TIME: 11.00am – 1.00pm
We at KUWNZ are all for this initiative so we want to give one of you the chance to sample this deliciousness for free. Simply answer the question below and enter via Facebook for another chance to win. T&Cs apply*
What is the focus of Earth Day 2018?
- Winner must redeem their prize on Sunday 22 April, Better Burger, Mt Eden between 11am – 1pm.
- Winner will be drawn on Saturday 21 April.
- Prize is non-transferable – you will redeem a voucher to be used on the day (11am – 1pm) at the Mt Eden store
- Entry is via keepingupwithnz.com and Facebook and entrants can enter via both channels
- Facebook entries must like our page to be eligible to win