The winner of more than 25 international awards, including the Tony Award® for Best Play on Broadway, War Horse is opening at Auckland’s Civic Theatre on 21 June and has now been extended until 14 July. The show is presented by Lunchbox Theatrical Productions and the National Theatre.
War Horse has been seen by eight million people worldwide in 98 cities in 11 countries, including productions on Broadway, in Toronto and Berlin, with touring productions in the UK and Ireland, North America, the Netherlands, Belgium and China.
The moving story is set at the outbreak of World War One, where Joey, young Albert’s beloved horse, is sold to the Cavalry and shipped to France. He’s soon caught up in enemy fire, and fate takes him on an extraordinary journey, serving on both sides before finding himself alone in no man’s land. Albert, who remained on his parents’ Devon farm, cannot forget Joey. Though still not old enough to enlist he embarks on a treacherous mission to find him and bring him home.
This is a must-see theatrical experience and we want you to be there on the glitzy opening night. Walk the red carpet and be one of the first in the country to watch this award-winning and much-acclaimed show. For your chance to win two tickets to the show on 21 June 2019 7.30pm at Auckland’s Civic Theatre, simply email us the answer to the questions below:
What’s the name of Albert’s horse? Email your answer to email@example.com with the subject line ‘War Horse’.
- Each prize is one double pass (GA tickets) to attend War Horse at Auckland’s Civic Theatre on 21 June 2019
- The prize will be drawn on Monday 3 June – winner must respond within 24hrs of being notified or another winner will be drawn
- Non-transferable and no cash exchange
- Entry is via keepingupwithnz.com, Facebook or Instagram and entrants can enter via both channels
- Facebook and Instagram entries must like our pages to be eligible to win
- People can enter as many times as they like