School of Rock opens at The Civic, Auckland, this September for a strictly limited season. So, as always we want to help you be there and.. well.. join the band.
School of Rock follows Dewey Finn, a wannabe rock star forced to earn some extra cash by posing as a teacher at a prestigious prep school. But Dewey isn’t going to teach his straight-laced students algebra or arithmetic, oh no, these kids are going to learn what it takes to become the most awesome rock ‘n’ roll band of all time!
Now he just needs to get his students to the Battle of the Bands, dodging strict teachers and pushy parents on the way to teaching these pint-sized prodigies what it means to truly rock.
With a new score from Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by three-time Tony nominee Glenn Slater, book by Downton Abbey‘s Oscar winning Julian Fellowes, School of Rock features an award winning cast of 19 adults as well an incredible kids ensemble rocking out live.
The cast is led by two of Australia’s finest theatre performers: Brent Hill (Best Male Actor in a Musical at Sydney Theatre Awards) as the cheeky yet charismatic Dewey Finn, with Amy Lehpamer (Beautiful, The Sound of Music) playing opposite him as the strict, conventionalist high school principal Rosalie Mullins. Together with a rotating cast of 24 kids who play the 12 children in Dewey’s class, audiences will be completely blown away when they hear the kids play their instruments live in this high-voltage show.
For your chance to win a double pass to see School of Rock at Auckland’s Civic Theatre on the 3rd of September simply email your answer to the below question to email@example.com with the subject line ROCK or enter via our Facebook or Instagram posts * T&c’s apply.
Who played Dewey Finn in the film School of Rock?
- The prize is 2 x tickets to School of Rock at Auckland’s Civic theatre on 3rd of September 2019 at 6.30pm
- The prize will be drawn on Monday 19th August – winner must respond within 24hrs of being notified or another winner will be drawn
- Non-transferable and no cash exchange
- Entry is via keepingupwithnz.com, Facebook or Instagram and entrants can enter via both channels
- Facebook and Instagram entries must like our pages to be eligible to win
- People can enter as many times as they like